Focus on player development by delivering a positive, high quality and enjoyable environment while seeking to prepare the student athletes for life.
This statement is characterized by particulars in the following areas:
- To challenge and support each student athlete on the playing field and in the classroom.
- To provide a superior training environment that fosters critical thinking and problem solving skills for use in match play and in life
- To educate the high school population and the community on what quality high school soccer represents (i.e. respectable citizens, service to the community).
- To train athletes while incorporating methods deemed appropriate by the National Soccer Coaches Association of America and the United States Soccer Federation, as well as other internationally recognized coaching schools.
- To raise each athlete’s physical and mental level of play through appropriate conditioning and psychological training
- To prepare each athlete as well as the team for success in competition.
- To encourage athletes to reflect on concepts of team as they compete and work with each other toward common goals
- To foster a sense of belonging and support within the team and the greater Free State High School community.
- To instill a sense of individual and team pride, along with a belief that one’s individual ability can make a difference both on the soccer field and in life.